It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: 'Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drug To Africa' - President Obama

Instagram

Thursday 7 August 2014

'Too Early To Send Experimental Ebola Drug To Africa' - President Obama

Barack Obama said Wednesday it was too soon to send experimental drugs for the treatment of Ebola to West Africa.

Obama said affected countries should instead focus on building a “strong public infrastructure,” adding: “I think we have to let the science guide us. And I don’t think all the information is in on whether this drug is helpful.”


Asked if, should the drug prove to be effective, he would support fast-tracking its approval in the United States, Obama replied: “I think it’s premature for me to say that because I don’t have enough information. I don’t have enough data right now to offer an opinion on that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.