It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Lionel Messi wins 2015 Ballon d'Or!

Instagram

Monday 11 January 2016

Lionel Messi wins 2015 Ballon d'Or!

Barcelona star, Lionel Messi capped a stunning year with his fifth World Player of the Year gong, beating off competition from team-mate Neymar and Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo

Messi received 41.33 per cent of the votes, with Ronaldo (27.76%) in second place and
Neymar (7.86%) third.

 Upon receiving his award Messi said:


"It's a very special moment for me, to be back here on this stage winning another Ballon d'Or after being in the audience watching Cristiano win for two years,"

"It's incredible that it's my fifth, it's much more than anything I dreamed of as a kid.

"I want to thank all those who voted for me first of all. I also want to thank obviously my team-mates, as I always say without them none of this would ever have been possible.

"And lastly I want to thank football for everything it has brought me - both the bad and the good - because it has made me grow and learn always."

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.