It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I Would Be Honoured To Meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un - Donald Trump

Instagram

Tuesday 2 May 2017

I Would Be Honoured To Meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un - Donald Trump


President of the United States,  Donald Trump has revealed on Monday that he is willing to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un “under the right circumstances” to defuse tensions over North Korea’s nuclear program.

Speaking to Bloomberg News, President Trump said:

“If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would
be honored to do it. If it’s under the, again, under the right circumstances. But I would do that.”

What makes the idea extremely controversial is that no sitting US president has ever before met with the leader of North Korea while in power.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, however said that the US would first need to see changes in North Korean behavior before a potential sit-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.