It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I Don't Know What ‘Slay Queen’ Means – Miss Nigeria

Instagram

Monday 19 June 2017

I Don't Know What ‘Slay Queen’ Means – Miss Nigeria

Miss Nigeria Chioma Obiadi speaks on why she doesn’t want to be called a slay queen.

On why the term slay queen is derogatory.

I do not know what the word slay queen means and one cannot support what you do not understand.

The words slay queen is not in the dictionary. A lot of people may use the term without understanding what it means.

I wouldn’t blush if someone addresses me as a slay queen that is not what I want to hear. Calling me that objectifies me so, I do not want to be addressed as such.

On beauty queens being referred to as prostitutes.

It makes me sad. But I think that is a stereotype beauty queens have had to deal with because most beauty pageants focus more on the beauty part. But with Miss Nigeria, it’s different. The beauty part is just 20% while the rest is about how intelligent you are.

On beauty queens being referred to as prostitutes It makes me sad. But I think that is a stereotype beauty queens have had to deal with because most beauty pageants focus more on the beauty part. But with Miss Nigeria, it’s different. The beauty part is just 20% while the rest is about how intelligent you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.