It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: “I Am Here To Win, I Am Not Here To Entertain” - Pep Guardiola

Instagram

Sunday 15 October 2017

“I Am Here To Win, I Am Not Here To Entertain” - Pep Guardiola

It's pretty obvious that Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City aren’t in the mood to take any prisoners this season. But hearing it from the manager himself, especially if you are a football fan that
just want’s to enjoy the game, isn’t that a bit… chilling?

“I am here to win, I am not here to entertain,” Pep said immediately after his side demolished Stoke City.

Gabriel Jesus grabbed a brace while Raheem Sterling, David Silva, Fernandinho, Leroy Sane and Bernardo Silva all helped themselves to a goal apiece as Manchester City smashed Stoke City on Saturday and moving two points clear at the top of the Premier League.

With that win, City also became the first team to score 29 goals in their first eight top-flight matches of a season since Everton back in 1894-95.

Amazing as that sounds, Guardiola insists it was the result that mattered, even though he accepted it was probably the club’s best performance since he took charge last year.

“This is the way we want to play. Our confidence is high. Everybody believes we are going to win.

“We know each other more, I know my players more, the league more and the other teams more.

“We can always do better but I cannot deny that today was the best performance since I arrived here.”

Pep Guardiola also had the choicest words for Belgian midfielder, Kevin de Bruyne, who marked his 100th appearance for Manchester City with an overwhelming display that saw him get two assists.

“He is a guy that is so dynamic and can control the game. He is a big talent and made a good performance. He is one of the best, by far.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.