It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Jega Set To Quit Being INEC Chairman

Instagram

Thursday 2 April 2015

Jega Set To Quit Being INEC Chairman

According to fresh reports, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega, has declared that he is not interested in another term when his current tenure expires in June.

Speaking in an interview with the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC Hausa) on Thursday night, he said:

“I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability.

“Whatever assignment one will do for five years – just like this difficult one, to me if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity, because for me I am
not interested and if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God’s grace,”

On the allegations of bias against him by PDP chieftain, Mr Godsday Orubebe, at the National Collation Centre in Abuja on Tuesday, Jega said:

“I maintained my calmness because I knew all the allegations were false. There is nothing that frightens me or disturbs me because, of all our actions, we have explanations for them,” he added.

1 comment:

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.