It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I’ll Never Help People Again In My Life! ─ Murder Suspect

Instagram

Monday 1 June 2015

I’ll Never Help People Again In My Life! ─ Murder Suspect

A 35-year-old man identified as Richard Utubor was arrested by the police in Lagos after a lady he picked up from the street died in his apartment.

Utubor who was arrested in Baruwa Estate, Ipaja, Lagos State on Saturday after taking the victim home on Friday, said he would never assist people again.

According to the suspect:

“I was at School bus stop, Abesan Estate, around 10.30pm when the woman, who was about 40 years old, asked me for financial help. She asked for N200.

“I told her I had only N50 on me. She knelt down begging me to assist her, and saying she would follow me to wherever I was going, just to collect the money.

“At that point, I agreed to assist her with the N200 she wanted. She followed me to my house, which was not far from the bus stop. When I got home, I opened the door, while she stood outside.

“Just as I was about to enter, she complained of a headache. Before I came out from the room with
the N200, she had slumped and I immediately called my younger brother and neighbours to assist me. Before I knew it, she was dead.”

Utubor said he regretted taking the victim to his apartment, adding that he did it in good faith because he had a “giving spirit.”

He said, “I just rented a room and parlour apartment on David Ogunsanya Street because I will be getting married in December this year. I did my traditional wedding during the Easter celebration.

“I did not have sex with her. I did not even give her water or food. If God gets me out of this, I will not help people again in my life.”

“She had no phone, handbag or anything to indicate her identity except a rapper and the dress she had on her. What I just noticed was that immediately she slumped, she was foaming in the mouth.

“I did not take her home to sleep with her. That was why I did not bother to ask for her name or where she was coming from or going to,”

A police source, however told Punch that when Utubor was arrested, he was half naked.

1 comment:

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.