It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Italian Legend, Buffon Writes Emotional Letter To The Goalpost After Clean Sheet Record

Instagram

Monday 21 March 2016

Italian Legend, Buffon Writes Emotional Letter To The Goalpost After Clean Sheet Record


After breaking the Sebastiano Rossi’s Serie A record for consecutive minutes without conceding a goal in the Turin derby on Sunday, Italian football legend, Gianluigi  Buffon
explains his devotion to the goal on Monday.

He wrote:

“I was 12 when I turned by back on you”, he begins before going on to express his “love” and desire to “protect you”.

“I promised that I would do everything not to see your face again,” the letter continues. “Or that I would do it as little as possible.


“It was painful every time I did, turning around and realising I had disappointed you. Again. And again.”

The world’s most expensive goalkeeper further stated that he has put “your welfare…ahead of my own” and that he “will keep doing it as long as my legs, my head and my heart will allow”

In the derby at the weekend, Torino was bent on spoiling Buffon’s party by scoring in the opening three minutes, but it was not to be as the Bianconerri weathered the early storm to have their goalkeeper’s name etched deeper in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.