It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: “I Would Beat Donald Trump If We Had An Election Today” - The Rock

Instagram

Wednesday 24 May 2017

“I Would Beat Donald Trump If We Had An Election Today” - The Rock


Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has further explained his recent comments that he’s considering a run for president. The Baywatchactor, 45, previously said there’s a “real possibility” he would run for POTUS one day in his June GQ cover story.

“The surge and groundswell since then has been amazing, and I have to tell you I’m so incredibly flattered,” he said. “There’s a national poll that came out this week that brought together
Republicans and Democrats in saying that I would beat Donald Trump if we had an election today to become president. I really have been blown away.”

Public Policy Polling did in fact find that in a hypothetical poll, the Fast and Furious star could take down President Donald Trump. In a mock 2020 election, the former WWE wrestler had 42 percent support to the current commander in chief’s 37 percent.

“A lot of people want to see a different leadership today — no, I’m sorry, not different, but a better leadership today,” Johnson continued. “I think, more poise, less noise.”

The Ballers actor thinks his normal lifestyle is what connects him to fans across the country. “I think over the years I’ve become a guy that a lot of people, kind of, relate to,” he said. “I get up early at a ridiculous hour, I go to work, spend time with the troops, take care of my family, I love taking care of people, and I think that kind of thing really resonates with people, especially today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.