It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I'll Never Play Against FC Barcelona - Iniesta Says As He Announces Departure

Instagram

Friday 27 April 2018

I'll Never Play Against FC Barcelona - Iniesta Says As He Announces Departure

Legendary FC Barcelona midfielder, Andres Iniesta, has confirmed his departure from the Spanish club at the end of the current season.

Speaking during a farewell press conference on Friday, the 33-year-old, reaffirmed the fact that he won’t play in Europe.

The Barcelona legend, however, did not reveal where he will play next season.

He said, “I said I would never play against Barca so it is not going to be in Europe.

“We will know at the end of the season – there are still things to talk about.”

“It is a difficult day for me to be here saying goodbye when I’ve spent my whole life here.

“A great deal of who I am, is down to Barca and La Masia – I am very thankful to them.

“I spoke to a lot of people – players, coaches – and I know what they want, but I tried to be honest with myself and the club.

“I want to be remembered as a great footballer and a great player.

“Because when our football days are over, that’s all we are – people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.