It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Micheal Essien Is My Son – Jose Mourinho

Instagram

Thursday 3 May 2018

Micheal Essien Is My Son – Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho signed Michael Essien from French club Olympique Lyon in 2005 for a then African record fee of £24 million. The combative midfield then went on to make 168 appearances for Chelsea with the bulk of them coming under Mourinho.

Even when the Portuguese became coach at Real Madrid, he signed Essien on loan for the 2012-2013 season. Their relationship has not looked back since then.

Mourinho while Speaking to UK-based B4KO, Mourinho said of Michael Essien, “He wasn’t my player. He was my son. I am his white dad. The feeling is that he is more than a player for me.”

After spending 3 seasons together at Chelsea, Mourinho and Essien won the Premier League, the League Cup and the FA Cup. They were less successful at Real Madrid but it seems that has not hindered their relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.