It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Offended Nurse Kicks Man Out Of Delivery Room For Cracking Tasteless Jokes

Instagram

Friday 7 June 2019

Offended Nurse Kicks Man Out Of Delivery Room For Cracking Tasteless Jokes

An unhappy father has made known his displeasure after he was kicked out of the delivery room by an unimpressed nurse.

He wrote about what happened on Reddit, explaining that right after his son was born he was banished from the room not because his wife was offended by his jokes, but because a nurse was.

The 25-year-old new dad called the woman a “joyless hag of a nurse,” stating:

“My wife gave birth to our first child three days ago and in the delivery room I made a few lighthearted comments which my wife laughed at, but the joyless hag of a nurse lost her s**t and kicked me out of the room. I calmly tried to placate the demented old boiler by explaining she has no
right to be offended on other people’s behalf, but that just made her worse. Eventually, I left before my ears started bleeding, but I feel the nurse was in the wrong for giving me s**t in response to a joke between my wife and I.

So what did he say that set her off? Well during the birth, his wife asked him how things were looking “down there” and he replied, “I feel like I’m watching my favorite restaurant burning down.” It made his wife laugh but had the nurse tutting him. Soon after, the doctor let the couple know he’d need to give the new mom a few stitches to repair some tearing from the birth. Her husband then joked, “Would you mind putting in a few extra?” That’s when the nurse demanded he leave.

While his wife has laughed it all off, the husband is pretty annoyed since he pays a lot for healthcare. He can’t decide whether or not to report the nurse, so he asked Reddit for input. It turns out most people think he is to blame for everything. One comment that many agreed with reads:

Sorry, but yeah, you are the a**hole here. Yes, the nurse CAN be pissed off about the joke. It’s her f***ing job to deal with a woman in a VERY vulnerable moment. If you just do a quick Google search you’ll find out the obstetric violence is a real thing, and that ‘joke’ about putting in extra stitches happened to a lot of women in the hands of very sexist male doctors.”

Meanwhile, another commenter wrote, “You are the a**hole, not just for the sexist jokes, also for using such misogynistic language to describe the nurse. I really hope you don’t teach your child to talk this way about people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.