It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Crazy Monkey Attacks Three Kids In Their House In Ikorodu

Instagram

Thursday 30 April 2015

Crazy Monkey Attacks Three Kids In Their House In Ikorodu

Three children have suffered serious injuries following an unexpected attack by a monkey in Illado, Ikorodu area of Lagos.

The victims, 8 year old Funmilayo Gbadegeshin, and her two siblings Roda and Emmanuel Alombo who are currently receiving treatment at the Shallom Hospital in the area, where reportedly attacked by a monkey owned by one Mrs Daniel, popularly known as “Iya Ibeji’ who also resides in Illado also.

According to one of the residents who witnessed the incidence, Mr Babatunde Oyesola, the monkey left the owner’s house and went into the Gbadegeshin’s home where it attacked Funmilayo right in her parents’ home as she just returned from school. He further stated that, after she was rescued and was rushed to a nearby hospital the monkey moved to another house belonging to Mr Alombo to attack Roda and Emmanuel who just returned from school as well.

In Oyesola's words....

“I heard Funmilayo shouting and crying, so, I felt her sister was beating her for something she did, but when the cry did not stop, I decided to check what was happening myself....When I got there, I
saw blood all over the place and saw a monkey jumping out from the window but because of what I saw, I had to save the girl first....We noticed that the vein on her right hand has been cut off and the blood was seriously rushing out of it.’’

According to reports, another eyewitness who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the monkey had been attacking people in the area and that necessary precautions had not been taken by the owner.

The victim’s father, Mr Mojeed Gbadegeshin said:

“When I got to the hospital, I met a crowd and I was asked to go inside and see the state the monkey left my daughter. “Afterwards the owner of the monkey came without uttering a word of sympathy and she only left with the monkey.’’

The victims are however still receiving medical attention.

1 comment:

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.