It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I Am Scared Of What Will Become Of Nollywood When Buhari Resumes Office – John Okafor

Instagram

Thursday 21 May 2015

I Am Scared Of What Will Become Of Nollywood When Buhari Resumes Office – John Okafor

Nigerian comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, is really worried that the President-elect Muhammadu Buhari will not support the Nigerian film industry like GEJ's administration did.

In his words:

“It is only this outgoing President of Nigeria that I can think of as someone who has so much interest in developing Nollywood. I have never seen someone like that before who supports us that much. But I am seriously afraid of what next.

“We don’t know what could happen but I’m scared. I’m scared and watching, the former people that
met with President Jonathan probably got his attention and we expected that they would work towards building a film village for AGN that would serve as rendezvous for card-carrying members.

“A place whereby tourists can take a recreational tour, take photographs with actors and actresses just like Hollywood. But as it stands, that’s a mirage.”

1 comment:

  1. Abeg go sitdown, d money wey GEJ give una, wetin una use am do? Nothing. Una don chop am as I know see any significant improvement in the industry. Una still dey do movies that fall short of expectations.

    ReplyDelete

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.