It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: "I Rejected A Job At A Major Oil Company To Pursue Music"

Instagram

Wednesday 21 October 2015

"I Rejected A Job At A Major Oil Company To Pursue Music"

In a recent interview with The Nation, Charly Boy reveled that he was offered a job with a major oil company in the 1980s after his undergraduate studies but he declined the offer to pursue his passion for music.

He said:

returned to the country in the early eighties, after my studies in the United States where I bagged a degree in Mass Communications, to a job with the Public Relations department of a major oil company in the country. Unfortunately, I was not interested in a nine-to-five job, so I declined the offer. My father was livid, and could not fathom why on earth I would choose to throw my life away by pursuing a career in music. No one in my family was involved in entertainment.

My father was based in Lagos at the time, leaving our Oguta home vacant, so I happily took up residence there as I would not have to pay rent. I thereafter set up a production studio. Unfortunately, business was not very buoyant as Oguta is out of the way to major Eastern Nigerian towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.