It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: I'm Releasing My Album Online Because Of Alaba Boys - Mode 9

Instagram

Tuesday 6 October 2015

I'm Releasing My Album Online Because Of Alaba Boys - Mode 9

Rapper, Babatunde Olusegun Adewale, better known as Mode 9, is not happy with the rate of piracy in the country, as such he has decided to release his album online rather than putting it out in the market.

According to Mode 9;

“You give your CDs to the Alaba guys to market for you, and even though you see your CDs all over the place, whenever you call them to ask for your money, they tell you, e no sell. Should you decide to visit them at their shops, they will show you the CDs you gave them to sell, claiming, e no sell, all this in spite of evidence to the contrary. They simply copy the CDs, and sell their own copies, leaving the original copies unsold.

“CDs are on their way out anyway. Digital music is the future, and so I have decided to release my forthcoming album online. It will only be available online via downloads for the enjoyment, and convenience of my fans,” he told Nation newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.