It's Paul Olarewaju's Blog: Mayweather Speaks On Getting Temptated To Return And Fight Pacquiao

Instagram

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Mayweather Speaks On Getting Temptated To Return And Fight Pacquiao

The "Money Man", retired boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. has revealed that he has turned down “crazy numbers” to step back into the ring, as speculations continue to mount over his imminent return to claim the sole unbeaten run in boxing.

The 38 year old boxer who retired with a flawless 49-0 record after out-punching Andre Berto in Las Vegas last September, has claimed not even a “nine-figure” prize money could lure him back to the ring.
Mayweather said:

"As of right now, I am out completely,” Mayweather, who won world titles in five weight divisions"

“If I do get the itch to come back, it really won’t be for the money but I have to get paid. That’s why the nickname is Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather.”

“Everything that you guys are hearing … is totally false. Totally false. I haven’t spoken to [Pacquiao’s promotor] Bob Arum, I haven’t spoken to [Pacquiao adviser] Michael Koncz”.

“As far as people keep talking about Mayweather Promotions, I dictate and control what goes on with it. Leonard Ellerbe is the CEO but everything has to go through me and I have to put the green light on any and everything.” Mayweather added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT

Your opinion counts, kindly ensure you drop your comment(s) each time you visit.

Comments on this blog are free opinions of readers, as such Paul will not be liable for them.